What Is Insomnia?
Insomnia is a sleep disorder condition wherein people normally find it difficult to fall asleep or to remain asleep. Therefore, such disorders have no specific period to get recovered it can be long-term or short-term this condition has no adequate period it can even come and go.
However, severe insomnia lasts for around 1 night to some weeks. Moreover, you can determine insomnia is chronic when you experience it at least 3 nights a week for 3 months or more.
Types of Insomnia
There are two types of insomnia
Primary insomnia means that your unusual sleep disorder is not related to your health condition or other medical issues.
Secondary insomnia is often linked with some other health conditions such as insomnia and anxiety often go hand in hand, asthma, depression, arthritis, cancer, heartburn, pain, ongoing medication, and consumption of excessive alcohol.
Therefore, you must have also heard about other insomnia conditions such as Sleep-onset insomnia, Sleep-maintenance insomnia, Mixed insomnia, and Paradoxical insomnia.
Hence, there are other types of sleeping disorders as well:
- Narcolepsy is a circumstance that takes place due to an abnormal sleep cycle.
- obstructive sleep apnea which materializes when one person is not able to breathe properly in sleep.
- excessive daytime sleepiness is an abnormal daytime feeling of sleepiness.
- ADHD is Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder it is a condition where humans can not pay attention to any task.
- Shift work sleep disorder is an abnormal time of working.
Causes of Insomnia
Every condition has some other underlying reasons behind it, therefore, reasons for insomnia. Thus, the causes of insomnia in males and females are the same.
- Mental health disorder.
- Sleep-related disorders.
Early Signs of Insomnia
- Difficulty falling asleep at night,
- disturbance of sleep in the middle of the night,
- Waking up too early,
- Feeling restless at night,
- Not feeling energetic after sleeping,
- day time tiredness and sleepiness,
- Sleepiness during the day,
- Problems with concentration,
- Difficulty in memorizing.
- Cultivate good sleeping habits,
- Add sleep hygiene,
- follow the same bedtime every day,
- Avoid the use of phone before going to bed,
- Add reading habits but not virtual e-books,
- Therefore, avoid the consumption of caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol late at night or before going to bed,
- Get regular exercise for at least 20 minutes a day,
- Try meditation for 15-20 minutes every day.
- Avoid eating heavy dinners instead have wholesome lunch and adequate dinner.
Meditation helps in improving insomnia, as it helps in getting good quality sleep.
- Thus, find a place to sit that feels calm and quiet to your mind and soul
- Set a time limit,
- Notice your body.
- Feel your breath.
- Therefore, notice when your mind is unstable.
5 Yoga Asanas For Better Sleep
- Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana)
- Plow Pose (Halasana)
- Child Pose (Shishuasana)
- Legs Up The Wall Pose (Viparita Karani)
- Corpse Pose (Savasana)
- Reclining Butterfly (Supta Baddha Konasana)
- Exercising can help you fall asleep and keep you calm.
- Bhramari pranayama
- Diaphragmatic breathing exercise
- Nadi shodhana pranayama (alternate breathing way)
Oils have always had essential benefits in them and also help in easing out insomnia.
- Lavender Oil.
- Ylang Ylang Oil.
- Chamomile Oil.
- Peppermint Oil.
- Bergamot Oil.
- Sandalwood Oil.
- Cedarwood Oil.
- Marjoram Oil
Adding these food items would help you with insomnia.
- Chamomile tea.
- Tart cherry juice.
- Fatty fish.
- Passionflower tea.
Medical Cure for Insomnia
Howevere, you may use medicine like Modalert 100mg and 200mg Modvigil 100mg and 200mg, Waklert 150 mg, Artvigil 150 mg, Waklert 150mg, Armodafinil 150 mg, Modafinil 100mg, and 200mg. You can even take these medications into consideration to treat insomnia and other sleeping problems.
Avoiding the usage of the screen and avoiding blue light. Electronic devices like laptops, smartphones, computers, etc. Therefore, do not watch the screen for at least two hours before going to bed and use glasses while watching. Moreover, avoid your extended naps during the day as it results in a bad sleep cycle. Therefore, sleep plays a crucial role in everyone’s life and so it impacts our body. Insufficient sleep leads to negative health. Hence, one should take proper care of your sleep cycle. Therefore, adding the above-mentioned ways to your day-to-day life will help you to reduce your sleeping disorder like insomnia.